Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Day Seventeen

What does trust mean to you in the context of submission?

Trust (noun) :  
  • belief that someone or something is reliable, good, honest, effective, etc.
  • assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something
  • one in which confidence is placed


Trust is the foundation of our relationship. I could not be submissive if I was constantly questioning Him. I know that He will take care of me- even when He is on the other side of the world. My trust was very hard to earn for Sir. I came from a world of escape plans and terrible marriages. Hidden money and sneaking around were considered normal and my Mother wanted me to “play around for a while” before I settled down. He was a one night stand that just never ended.

I find that trusting Him took longer than anything else in our relationship. I knew I loved Him within days of meeting Him. It was so easy to fall for Him, but trusting Him with my heart was something completely different. It took years (and lots of arguments) for me to realize He was not like anyone else in my life. I now trust Him, and only Him, completely. Every change we have made in our relationship has been built on that trust. He grows stronger and more confident every day as I submit more and more to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment